Discover Your Custom Crown Moulding Options
Crown moulding is the perfect interior accent to bring an intricate look to your home. While moulding is no longer a given in new construction, it is one of the defining traits of a classic décor. If during the course of your home renovation, you need custom crown moulding, we’re the team to do it.
At Turntech, we’re a custom woodshop that builds one-of-a-kind pieces for people all over the country. While we build everything from custom porch posts to balusters, unique moulding is one of our signature pieces. From our experience, there are two main reasons that homeowners and contractors request custom crown moulding:
- They need to exactly match the moulding that’s already in the home right now – either to replace a damaged piece or to expand the pattern into a new room.
- They want to model their moulding after a picture or design they saw online.
Whatever your reason, Turntech can likely do it. We specialize in building custom moulding for both of these purposes. Keep reading to learn more about what we can build and what you need to do – or simply reach out to our team to place your order right now.
How to Match Crown Moulding: The Turntech Process
Many people think that they need to sacrifice the moulding they love when they renovate. That’s not the case! Figuring out how to match crown moulding is easy when you have a custom woodshop like Turntech at your disposal. We make the process convenient and stay in contact the entire time.The TurnTech Process:
- Step 1:Send us an example of the custom crown moulding you want to match. This can include a piece of the actual moulding, several pictures from different angles, or both. The more detailed the material you provide us, the better.
- Step 2: We’ll send you diagrams that give you an idea of what we can build for you. Once you confirm the design, we get to work. We do this by making custom knives that will be able to create the exact cuts needed for the unique moulding. This is how we are able to make a 100% accurate replica of what you already have or the picture you love.
- Step 3: We ship your custom moulding anywhere nationwide, ready for you or your contractor to install it. While the cost to carve custom moulding will be more than our standard pieces, we only charge a fee to prepare the custom knives that will be used in the custom carving, rather that up-charging the moulding. This means that even if you need to order a very large amount, you won’t be penalized for it!
While we say this is the process of how to match crown moulding, this process applies to any type of moulding you may need. Whether it’s baseboard moulding, chair rail moulding, or anything else, the same process applies.
Everything for Your Interior and Exterior Renovation
While showing you how to match crown moulding by working with us is the focus of today’s blog, this is just one of the ways ornate woodwork can complete your home renovation. There are numerous ways to decorate a staircase with attractive touches, like new balusters and different newel post styles. Here’s what Turntech can craft for you:
- Porch Posts & Columns
- Table & Island legs
- Tons of Different Mouldings
- Floating Shelves
- Wooden Balls
- Wooden Dowels
- Bun Feet
- Staircase Accessories
As is the case with our moulding, we offer a wide range of customization to ensure that you have the exact piece needed to complete your design!
Order Custom Crown Moulding Here
Getting the perfect moulding for your project is not only possible – it’s much more convenient than you imagined. The first step is reaching out to the Turntech team to discuss your project and what you’d like us to build. We’ll be able to walk you through the next steps for a custom design – and get you the price to take care of everything!