Stair Accessories for Your Renovation
Whether as part of a whole home refresh or as a standalone DIY project, customizing your staircase has become a popular home improvement project. Whether your stairs are a little plain and you want to accessorize them — or they’re a grand but old piece of woodworking that you want to refurbish — these custom-made stair accessories are the missing piece of your renovation.
At TurnTech, we craft the wooden pieces and turnings that complete countless interior and exterior renovations. While our pieces tend to be ornate to match the classic woodworking of historic homes, we can also build anything to match your décor. See some of the most popular staircase accessories we offer, place your order today, or request custom woodworking!
Essential Pieces of Your Staircase Makeover
The three main pieces of a DIY staircase makeover that homeowners focus on are the balusters, the handrails, and the newell posts. You have numerous product options for each of these and each can change the look of your staircase as well. See some of our recommendations for stair accessories:
- Upgrading the balusters as part of your staircase makeover is a great place to start since they serve as an impossible-to-miss stylistic touch. Right now, both simple and decorative balusters are trending in interior design. When it comes to staircase design, simple elegance is sometimes that best.
- These ornate balusters are a standout example of a classical style. See the complex turning on the individual spindles. While this style of staircase is certainly of an older time, it can look absolutely stunning in a modern home, too. No matter your style, we can create something for you.
- Sometimes, simplicity is bliss. Notice how this baluster has a clean linear shape that matches well with the design of the newell post and the handrail. At TurnTech, we can custom carve almost any shape you want – so if you only need to replace and match one piece of a simple baluster, we can help.
Wrought Iron Baluster
- Iron balusters are a popular choice for staircase remodels. The wrought iron makes a distinct impression and pairs well with turned posts for a decorative style. While the pattern tends to be more classic, the metal lends an undeniable modern element. While we’re known for exquisite custom wooden turnings, we also offer a selection of iron balusters.
- Next to the balusters themselves, newell posts serve as a major opportunity to showcase your interior design style. In some renovation projects, changing the newell posts alone is enough to fully update the character of the staircase. Take a look at some of our distinct newell post styles!
Box Style Newell Post
- The most distinct feature of this contemporary newell post is the wide base. Notice how the strong, straight lines would fit in with modern and contemporary style homes. However, this piece does feature some decoration around the post top. For a homeowner looking for a understated modern look, a box style newell post is the way to go.
Round Newell Post
- This popular style of newell post can accompany a wide variety of staircases. While the turning is somewhat intricate, the overall profile is still somewhat simple. This stair accessory would most likely serve as an upgrade to a fairly plain post that came without the staircase – without completely changing the feel of the interior décor.
Ornate Round Newell Post
- An ornate round newell post is a striking post that would be most at home as part of a classic looking staircase. Pay close attention to the intricate to the hexagonal top of the post. Your brand new newell posts can look like almost anything. Shop even more of our turned newell posts.
- One of the most practical aspects of a staircase makeover is the handrail, which often gets overlooked. With that being said, a handrail is often one of first the pieces that shows its age the quickest. As is the case with all of these stair accessories, you will want to match every single piece to the whole set.
Round Modern Handrail
- Simple and functional, and – in a word – modern! This no frills handrail would look right at home alongside a sleek and practical home décor. It’s one of our favorite handrail options because of it’s sleek simplicity and highly functional design for the everyday household.
- Every part of your staircase makeover can match your ornate style – even the handrail. Notice all of the different contours found in this fairly small stair accessory. Crafted with fine, meticulous details that you and your guests will admire!
Colonial Style Handrail
- For some homeowners, this style serves as an ideal middle ground between minimalist modern and an ageless classic. This handrail features a turned design, but it is nowhere near as complicated as what you’d use to enhance a historic style staircase.
TurnTech for All of Your Custom Wood Drafting Needs
While we most certainly are excited to provide the best stair accessories for your renovation, there is so much more we can do for your home as well. Our woodworkers create all of the custom wooden pieces for your home interior and exterior.
For example, we build a wide range of bun feet, moulding, and columns that you can put to use during your kitchen remodel. On the other hand, our outdoor wooden columns and railings are a crucial ingredient to historic porch makeovers.
If you have a question about something TurnTech can build for you, reach out to give us a call or send us an email today.
Buy Your Stair Accessories Today
Whether you’ve found the perfect stair accessories to complete your makeover or you’re still shopping, you’re in the right place. Not only can TurnTech custom-build almost anything you show us, but we make it easy to find online shopping and nationwide shipping.
We offer all of the skill and custom precision of a local woodshop paired with the modern convenience you expect. Contact us today to get your custom quote or to ask any questions you may have!