Essential Elements of a Cool Basement Bar Design
Installing a basement bar is one of the best home improvements you can make, enhancing both your quality of life and your home’s value. A wood home bar transforms an unused space into a socializing hub, providing a dedicated area for entertaining guests or simply relaxing and unwinding after a long day.
Whether you’re looking for a simple speakeasy or an entertainment center to rival any public pub, you’ll find the wood basement bar design inspiration you’ll need here!
Read on to find out how Turntech can help you with cool basement bar design ideas that let you enjoy happy hour at home anytime you desire.
5 Simple Basement Bar Ideas to Inspire
A wood basement bar can take many forms, but if you’re looking for a little creativity, these five simple basement bar ideas using products from Turntech will get you started.
Kitchenette and Bar Duo
Custom-made columns help create a home wood bar with real impact, as seen in this kitchenette and bar duo that recreates five-star hotel bar elegance in your own basement! Combining the warmth of real hardwood with the toughness of marble countertops, this design combines plenty of bar space with an open-plan floor design for entertainment.
Transitional Basement Bar
Sometimes, simple basement bar ideas are the best! This traditional bar design combines dark hardwood with a modern hexagonal tile countertop to give an attractive blend of classic and contemporary styles. If you regularly entertain in small-to-medium groups, this compact wood home bar design is ideal.
Small and Simple Speakeasy
Having a small space doesn’t mean giving up on your basement bar dream. A simple speakeasy design with a two-tier bar combined with wall-mounted storage for drinkware creates a spacious area for relaxing in small groups or with someone special.
Rustic Basement Bar
For a more traditional use of a larger space, why not take the rustic route? Wood home bars create a warm and friendly feel that’s ideal for welcoming visitors, and the expansive design provides ample space for drink storage, with multiple wine fridges to keep and serve your favorite bottles at perfect temperature. Check out our new rustic barnwood décor items for styling your space with modern-farmhouse inspired pieces!
Corner Cabinet Cocktail Lounge
A basement bar can also be part of a larger living space, as with this corner cabinet cocktail lounge design that combines a compact bar area with relaxed seating and entertainment to create a cozy haven away from the bustle of everyday life.
Build Your Perfect Home Wood Bar with Turntech
At Turntech, we custom-make some of the gorgeous wood products you need to build your perfect home bar! All the designs shown on this page include at least one of each of our best-selling items listed below. Can you find them in the photos?
- Custom Columns – Custom wood columns add instant flair and personality to a design, whether they’re classic or modern, a focal point, or part of the supporting cast. At Turntech, we can supply custom-cut columns of nearly any length, suitable for connecting the countertop to the ceiling or spanning the full height of a room for dramatic impact.
- Rope Moulding –Wooden rope moulding adds an ornate touch to any bar and is perfect for accenting cabinets and countertops with either elegant decoration or an eye-catching flourish. We stock rope moulding in a wide variety of styles to suit your design, in thicknesses from 3/8″ to 1.5″ or more.
- Corbels – Corbels combine functionality with style, supporting the wood basement bar’s countertop and attaching it firmly to the island while offering designs from classically modest to decoratively ornate. Clever use of corbels can elevate a simple basement bar idea to something truly special.
- Table and Island Legs – If you have a basement bar design idea that includes an island, we can supply custom-made legs that will fit perfectly into your project. Choose from barley twist and rounded legs or simply stylish square-cut designs in a range of high-quality woods, including Maple, Alder, Cherry, and Oak.
- Crown Moulding – Crown moulding is a classic element for cool basement bar designs, instantly adding style to the upper parts of a room by seamlessly blending the bar into the ceiling. At Turntech, we supply crown moulding in a wide variety of styles, cut to custom sizes to perfectly fit your home bar design.
Bring Your Basement Bar Design Ideas to Life
Turntech provides industry-leading wood products that make your basement bar design ideas come to life, with top-quality columns, posts, moulding, and more. Whether you need standard parts to quickly create your ideal basement bar or custom-made products designed to perfectly fit your space, Turntech is here to help.
Order pre-made parts online for speedy shipping, or get in touch to explore how our bespoke products can bring cool basement bar designs into your home!